Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Been awhile..........

Well, I guess it's been 2 months since I have last posted anything!!!! So sorry!!! I seem to get caught up in the everyday life and just forget about this thing. And of course, there has been plenty going on in the last 2 months. I probably wouldn't even be doing this tonight if my sister hadn't advised me that I needed to update it!! Oops!! LOL

Well, lets see. Where can I begin!! I guess I can start where I left off last time, huh?? Well, the house chores are still there, and will forever be there!! I just do my best to get as much done in a day as I can. But sometimes that doesn't happen because I want a break from it all, so I just don't do anything on those days!!! Oh well, I will just catch up another day!!! Anyways, wow, it has been a while!! (Please pardon my randomness throughout this whole thing)

I believe it was in March when our family decided to start doing thing together and making plans for stuff. It started off with just Saturdays with us going out to Trader's Village, or to Canton for the First Monday Trade Days. It was fun and the kids really enjoy getting out of the house and doing something! Shortly after all this started, Sariah started Girl Scouts! She loves it. She meets nearly every Tuesday night at 6:30 at a church not too far from the house. It's pretty nice because it gives her and I time together, and it also gives David and Denim time together! So we call it guy/girl night!!!!! Now that spring is here, and summer soon to follow, there will be plenty of "guy" things for them to do while Sariah and I are gone to have fun with other girls and moms! Of course, I think the Girl Scouts was something both of us needed. I needed to get out of the house more, and meet other mom's and be able to have "friends." And Sariah needed the same thing! Granted, its a slow process for girls to accept other girls, but they are young and they are all still getting to know her, especially since she doesn't go to school with any of them just yet.

So now that we have Tuesdays and Saturdays pretty much planned out, we wanted to do more during the week! But with David having to work, and not really knowing when he will get home, it was kind of hard to plan anything else, until one day when I was cooking dinner, I let the kids watch a movie! They loved it! Well, when David finally came home, he showed up with ice cream for all of us! *DING* We needed a family movie night!! What better night to do that than Friday night! We can stay up a little bit later to watch a movie, and sleep in a little bit on Saturday before we left to do our adventure, as the kids call it. Perfect!!! So, now, every Friday, we will either pick out a movie that we have at home, or David will call and let me know that he is going to stop and get one. We throw a couple bags of pop corn in the microwave and all cuddle up in my bed and watch a movie!!! It's great! I really enjoy family time!

On to April! Not much has happened yet this month. Denim had a diabetic test a little over a week ago. We received the results and they said that everything looked fine. And of course, his shaking in the morning isn't as bad as it used to be either. But it was something that worried me!
Last Monday, the kids and I went to have lunch with Nanny, Papa, and Aunt Chelle. We had a great time!! And the kids are getting so big. Before long, they will be in school and there won't be any kids to join us all the time. But after lunch, Michelle, the kids, and I went and did a little bit of shopping, until David called to tell me he was ready to go home! So he ended our little party, and I headed to pick him up and we went home. I stayed at home the rest of that week until Friday, when we went back into town and had lunch with Nanny, Papa and Ryland! He was out of school for Good Friday! The kids always love spending time together! And it was good to see Mom and dad again.

And that brings us to Easter! We went to Mom's church for their Easter breakfast and Easter Egg hunt for the kids! Denim is still trying to get the whole finding eggs game down, but he did pretty good. I think we have enough candy to last us until Halloween!! After church, we had a great family lunch! Michelle and I set up another Easter Egg hunt for the kids at Mom's. And then had some good family time. It felt really good to laugh as much as we did. Then we had to get ready to go to the last hunt for this Easter hosted by Aunt Chelle's church. Denim was worn out afterwards and slept until dinner time! We ate some good pizza and more good laughs and called it a day!! We were all tired!

And that brings me to today! Not much has happened since Sunday. David is busy at work and the kids and I are keeping busy here at the house with chores and our little exploring walks down the road. But I think those might come to an end soon if I keep seeing snakes on the road!!! I cannot stand them and don't want to take the chance of the kids getting bit by one. So when they start coming out more, we will be finding stuff to do around the yard and in the house! I know, its sad that I shelter my children because of my fears, but I just can't stand the thought of them. I have goosebumps just thinking about it! Yuck!!!

Goodnight All!!!!!! And I will do better about keeping this up!! After all, I did start it to have a place to vent and open up about things!

Thank you, God, for the good things and the bad. Experiencing the bad helps us to appreciate the good.

Have faith that no matter what is thrown your way, you can and will make it through.

No comments:

Post a Comment