Monday, May 3, 2010

Keeping Up......

Ok, so if you have noticed, once again, I have a hard time keeping up with this. Thank Michelle for reminding me! I guess you could say I get too caught up in Facebook and the other things around my house to blog. And then, I end up forgetting so many thing that have happened!!!

Let's just start off by saying that I had a GREAT day yesterday! David had to work, and my sister has been asking me for some time to come to her church. I kept putting it off and not going into town, but I figured that yesterday would be a great time for me to go and see why she was wanting me to visit. Well, now, I can see why!!! It was amazing! Never once did I feel as if I wanted to go to sleep, or the simple fact that I was bored to death and wishing I was back at home in bed. And I never once reached for my phone to check messages in the middle of a service!! The music leaders were awesome!! The atmosphere was amazing! The people treated me as if I was someone that they knew for quite some time. The pastor was great!! He really has a way to keep people's attention. AND, he was wearing sandles!!! How many times to do you go to a church and every one is in their Sunday best?? Well, I don't really dress up much, and I tried to dress up my jeans and nice shirt with a pair of heels. And believe it or not, I felt overdressed!!! For most of my life, every time I have walked into a church on Sunday, the pastor is dressed in a nice suit and dress shoes and looking sharp! It just totally shocked me when I noticed that he was wearing sandles!! LOL Anyways, after service, I was looking around and noticed many people wearing jeans and t-shirts, capri's, shorts, flip flops, jeans with tears or holes in them. It didn't matter!! I don't think I really saw anybody wearing a suit, or wearing a nice Sunday dress. Summer dresses and comfy clothes is all I saw. This totally fits me!!! I am excited, and can't wait for next Sunday!!

Ok, so now for some more interesting news from my household. I am now the proud owner of a baby pot bellied pig!! She is so fun and exciting. She keeps the house flowing!! She is so much like the kids, it isn't even funny. I took her with me yesterday and left her at my mom's while we went to church. Well, after running around for part of the afternoon, we finally made it back to my mom's. She was making cupcakes!! I asked her if she had an extra so I could feed one to Nay-Nay, but she said no. Well, she had to cut some of the pieces off and she said she could have the scraps. We took Nay outside, and my mom brought a couple pieces of the scraps and started feeding them to Nay. Mom couldn't keep up with her, and she started squealing! It was funny!!!! But Mom packed up the rest of the scraps for her and we left to go pick up David.

I went to pick David up from work and he was still working, so I was walking around trying to keep from looking his direction because he was welding. I walked up onto a trailer they had sitting there, and my foot slipped onto a rotten board, and my leg fell through. I tried really hard to get myself out before anyone would notice, but I just couldn't seem to do it! I was scared!! Finally, David took a break from what he was doing, so I yelled at him to come over and help me. He thought I was just sitting there!! Uh, NO!! I fell, I'm stuck! HELP!! So he pulled the board up and I was able to get my leg out! Yay!! I seriously felt really stupid. But, he cleaned it up and wrapped it and gave me an ice pack. It felt ok at the time, but today it is hurting really bad!! Oh well, guess I better watch were I'm going next time.

As for the kids, they are doing great!! Keeping me on my toes everyday!! But I love them! I think I will have them help me fix dinner tonight! Wonder what they will want to make??

No comments:

Post a Comment